Family Law Hub

SK v WL (Post-Separation Accrual) [2010] EWHC 3768 (Fam)

Judgment, published: 08/10/2011


Items referring to this

  • A case in which the only asset which fell fairly outside the matrimonial bracket to any extent was H's shareholding in Z Ltd. Mr Nicholas Cusworth QC determined that W's share of the current value of H's shares should be expressed as 20% of the whole, on the basis that 60% of the value of H's holding represented post-separation accrual, and the remaining 40% was a matrimonial asset to be shared equally. Judgment, 03/07/2015, free
  • High value financial remedy appeal where the main focus was the judge's finding that he was unable to determine the value or future liquidity of the major business asset and his decision to make a so called Wells order. The court also addressed the impact of a pre-marital agreement, non-matrimonial assets and the sharing principle. Lord Justice Lewison, in the third judgment, makes some interesting points in relation to the difficulties in valuing private companies. The appeal was dismissed. Judgment, 11/05/2018, free

Published: 08/10/2011


Copyright in the original legal material published on the Family Law Hub is vested in Mills & Reeve LLP (as per date of publication shown on screen) unless indicated otherwise.


The Family Law Hub website relates to the legal position in England Wales and all of the material within it has been prepared with the aim of providing key information only and does not constitute legal advice in relation to any particular situation. While Mills & Reeve LLP aims to ensure that the information is correct at the date on which it is added to the website, the legal position can change frequently, and content will not always be updated following any relevant changes. You therefore acknowledge and agree that Mills & Reeve LLP and its members and employees accept no liability whatsoever in contract, tort or otherwise for any loss or damage caused by or arising directly or indirectly in connection with any use or reliance on the contents of our website except to the extent that such liability cannot be excluded by law.

Bookmark this item